To students who wish to to become a member of Design Eng. Lab.
We have been recruiting undergraduate and graduate students who share awareness of the issue, think and act voluntarily at large.
There's nothing to worry about with you who know little in robotics(machine element, mechanism design, programming, electric circuit) .
You are able to acquire advanced skills and knowledge , achieve research results if you would.
However, you would have many opportunities to use machines and devices in research activities, you need to spare no effort, spend much time in your research.
In addition, if you have a background in machining, CAD/CAM, programming, machining, you will be able to perform your study smoothly.
We make a strong recommendation to students to advance their own researches spending much time and energy because we use hardware in our researches.
To conduct research, we give high priority to the following items:
- Multiple expertise
- Robotics is comprehensive learning in which various technical knowledge and skills are required.
Therefore, you need not only mechanical engineering knowledge but also biology, electricity and information, etc..
- Open-minded discussion
- You can often find a solution by discussing the trouble with peers, your seniors and juniors.
You can develop your thinking skill through discussions. Try to think logically to be able to give an academic explanation briefly.
- Students have many presentation chances at every week seminar, academic conferences and so on.
Build your presentation skills through these opportunities.
- Writing ability
- It requires writing for you in every aspect of business setting in the future, for example e-mail or project report.
Writing is one of the most important ability because you must prepare the documentation to organize information in a more easily readable and understandable format.
So, develope your writing ability by writing papers and research reports.
- There are many research themes of hardware development in our laboratory. You will be able to experience a basic pattern of ''MONOZUKURI'' such as design, manufacturing, experiment, etc..
You can grow up with the sense of MONOZUKURI, and learn drawing, machining, circuit and programming.
- Advanced robotics research
- There are many state-of-the-art equipments in our laboratory and you can dedicate yourself to advanced research.
It is not big problem if you have no idea about robotics.
You can acquire robotics skills and knowledge because you will conduct research in a group of your seniors.
- Design capability
- It is important to set your own evaluative standard and take a more positive attitude.
Sometimes you are willing to spend time and labor, you need to act on.
- Maximize your idea
- Your idea is adopted positively and you are supported by staffs.
Achieve a satisfactory level of result with your flexible mindset.
- Flexible and self-directive research style
- You can divide your time freely between research and play.
There are some lab. students who are studying in the lab. every day, or engage in research in the daytime and have a part-time job in the nighttime.
You can creatively use your time to meet your lifestyle.
Basic policy for research and education
- to develop novel hardware and control approach in robotics
- to create robot and machine based on discussion.
- to make up a general theory about machanical design and motion control from these development process
- to write papers and present our research result at conference to report our activities.
- to hold a seminar for reporting your research outcome every week to confirm the progress of reearch and develop presentation skills.
- to have a journal club every week.
- to have a meeting for discussing the details of the research.
Main research theme list
For your information and reference, questions that students ask frequently and the answer are introduced as follows:
Q: How is my research theme decided ?
Q: What is the laboratory system?
Q: Could you tell me about the laboratory seminar?
Q: Is there core time in your laboratory?
Q: Could you tell me about PC or network environment?
Q: Can I miss seminar or journal club?
Q: Can I have a part-time job?